College of Music and Media Applicants
The College of Music and Media is home to over 20 unique majors and degree programs within the arts, advertising, and entertainment industries. Explore the College of Music and Media website to choose which program is best for you!
How to Apply
In order to satisfy the major-specific requirements for admission to the College of Music and Media, please follow these steps:
- Complete an application to Loyola New Orleans using the Common Application or the Loyola Application.
- Log in to your Application Status Page. Once either application is submitted, you will receive an email with a link to login to your Loyola Application Status Page. This portal will allow you to complete the specific application requirements for your degree. i.e., register for an audition, upload a digital short film, submit a video audition, upload a creative portfolio, etc.
- Once you submit your application and complete your major-specific requirements, you will receive one Loyola admission decision from the university to the degree program you have chosen.
Graduate Applicants: Masters of Music Performance and Masters of Music Therapy applicants must complete an audition per the repertoire requirements for your voice type or primary instrument listed below, and also fill out our Graduate Programs Application.
Major-Specific Admission Requirements
School of Music & Theatre Arts
|Video Audition Submission Required:||
School of Music
Share your music background with us: School of Music Interest form
|Video Audition Submission Required:||
Department of Theatre Arts & Dance
School of Music Industry
|Virtual Audition Required:||
|Virtual Interview Required:||
|Portfolio Submission Required:||
School of Communication & Design
Department of Digital Filmmaking
|Portfolio submission (optional):||
Department of Design
Department of Art
|No Portfolio Requirement:||
Department of Mass Communications
2020-21 Deadlines and Auditions
**Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the on-ground Audition Days and Friday Visit Experiences have been cancelled to ensure the safety of our campus community and guests. Audition video or portfolio submissions as well as interviews will be used to determine admission to this college. Please contact Gloria Hill at email@example.com with any questions about auditions, campus visits or your application.
- Saturday, December 5, 2020 - For Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 Early Action applicants
- Saturday, December 12, 2020
- Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Saturday, February 6, 2021
- Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Saturday, March 13, 2021
November 15 - Early Action Deadline
- CMM students who wish to be given priority for admission decisions and financial aid packaging must complete the application, submit the required high school documents, and either register for the on-campus audition or interview event on December 5, or submit the required major specific requirements virtually by December 1.
December 1 - Ignatian Scholarship Application Deadline
- CMM students who wish to be considered for Loyola’s Ignatian Scholarship must apply to Loyola and register for an audition/interview event by December 1.
January 23 - Director’s Award Application/Audition Deadline
- Students who wish to audition for the School of Music’s full tuition scholarship must apply to the university and complete the audition process on or before January 23, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
All CMM applicants are encouraged to attend one of our on-campus audition/interview events to meet faculty, tour the facilities and participate in the Friday Visit Experience event. However, the faculty will evaluate video auditions and phone interviews with equal consideration.
Once you submit your application, complete your major specific requirements, and turn in all high school materials, you will receive one Loyola admission decision from the university to the degree program you have chosen. Students can expect to receive a decision within two weeks of completing the application.
Loyola New Orleans evaluates all CMM applicants for academic merit as well as musical and artistic achievement. Departmental faculty will review your major-specific application requirements, i.e. audition, portfolio, digital short, etc., and the admissions team will review your academic profile.
Some students are strong candidates for both academic merit scholarships and talent scholarships. If you are eligible, you will receive the higher award for which you qualify. Loyola New Orleans will not stack talent and merit scholarships. If you are accepted to Loyola and the major you applied for, the decision letter will include a scholarship offer amount.
All on-campus auditions and/or interviews are scheduled through the student’s Loyola Application Portal. After the student has submitted an application to Loyola, an email is sent within 24 hours, which includes instructions on how to login and register.
All supplemental audition/portfolio materials (resume, portfolio, audition videos, resumes, etc.) are submitted via the students Loyola Application Portal. After the student has submitted an application to Loyola, an email is sent within 24 hours, which includes instructions on how to login, and upload files directly to the application.
Applicants who attend the on-campus audition day will receive a time slot that morning upon check-in.
All applicants have the option of submitting their major-specific requirements virtually.
- School of Music and Theatre Arts majors can upload a video audition
- Popular and Commercial Music majors can schedule a Skype audition
- Digital Filmmaking majors can register for a phone interview with faculty after submitting the digital short film
- Music Industry Studies, Entertainment Industry Studies and Urban and Electronic Music Production can register for a phone interview with faculty after submitting the creative portfolio
There are no on-campus portfolio reviews for Art or Design applicants. All art portfolios are submitted digitally through the Loyola Application Portal. If you wish to tour the studios or meet with faculty in person, please email Gloria Hill in the Office of Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 1, 2021 is the deadline to complete the CMM application.
Starting in late November, the Office of Admissions will send decision letters within two weeks of a completed application. (E.g. December 5 on-campus audition registrants, will receive an admission decision before the New Year!) You will be notified via email, prompting you to check your Loyola Application Portal, and view the decision. If you are accepted to Loyola and qualified for either a talent or merit-based scholarship, the amount will be listed on your decision letter. the major you applied for, the decision letter will include a scholarship offer amount. Please be sure to submit a FAFSA application to Loyola New Orleans before the New Year, so that you will be considered for institutional and federal aid. Without a FAFSA application, the Office of Financial Aid cannot package an award letter. Need-based Financial Aid packages are set to be released by the end of January 2021.